Episode 1 - Bacon episode
Bacon wrapped Bacon
- 1 lb of Dabrowski’s slab bacon
- 1 lb of Dabrowski’s sliced bacon
- 3 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/4 cup bourbon (I used Forty Creek)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 20 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat grill to 350 F.
- Place slab bacon in a foil pan and cover it with the apple cider, maple syrup, bourbon, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Cover with foil and braise for about 3 hours. Remove and let cool.
- Cut into pieces 1 inch by 1 inch by ½ inch. Wrap with sliced bacon and grill on indirect heat till sliced bacon is crispy. You could sprinkle with maple sugar or brush with maple syrup mixed with hot sauce before serving.
Bacon wrapped pineapple
- -sliced bacon
- -pineapple cut in 1 inch chunks
- -tajin seasoning
- Sprinkle tajin on the pineapple
- Wrap each piece of pineapple with a slice of Dabrowski’s double smoked bacon
- Cook over indirect heat until the bacon is crispy. Remove and serve
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 pkg Pillsbury crescent rolls
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Preheat pellet grill or gas grill to 325 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet (like a 15x10) with foil and liberally grease the foil with cooking spray (or use a silpat). Unroll the crescent rolls into one single plane of dough and pinch any perforations together to seal. Stretch the dough out to fit the size of the pan with your hands so it's even. Prick the dough with a fork all over. Set aside.
- Cook your bacon about half way. It will continue to cook when you bake the crack.
- Drizzle half the maple syrup and half the brown sugar on the dough. Top with bacon and add remaining brown sugar and bacon.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes or until bubbling and caramelized. Remove from the grill and allow the pan to come to room temperature. Cut and serve.